Are you ready to begin this year with a new revelation? Step out of your comfort zone and show people what you got? Are you tired of moving around in circles only to find yourself at a dead-end?
If your answer is yes, know that you are not alone. In fact, I am right here with you. But, first, It’s important that we break the bad habits that have managed to hold us down for too long.
On Sunday, before dawn break, Abba spoke to me in a dream about a bad habit of mine. When I woke up He gave me a revelation.
Although the dream was given to me I believe it will be beneficial for you if you happen to have any bad habits you need to let go of.
The dream simply put…
I was late for school.
Two people who seemed to be my roommates left before me to arrive at school on time. Although the school didn’t start until 8 a.m. I remember them leaving around 6 a.m.
This particular morning I kept walking back and forth putting on the same walking shoes. My shoes however had a dilemma. One shoe had a wide slit in it yet I couldn’t see my bare toes only the outline of my toes.
When I finally arrived at the school I was informed by my roommates that I had been talking in my sleep once again.
And that was the end of the dream.
HIghlights of the Dream
- The condition of the shoe: My shoes were old and needed to be replaced.
- Bad Habit: I was late for school
- Good examples in my life: My roommates left early to make it to school on time
After meditating on the highlights of my dream God began to speak to me by sharing new revelation.
You have good people in your life to lead you in the right direction. However, if you continue to try and figure out how to fix things that are broken without help you will always end up at your destination late or tardy.
“So, how do I begin?” was my follow up question. Immediately, Abba began to share with me a strategy I could use to break my bad habit. The list is below:
- Identify your circle. Who in your circle is beneficial/ helpful to you?
- Write out your bad habits. (i.e. I am late, I never complete a task)
- Choose someone in your circle who is a pro at what you are lacking and have them hold you accountable. Ask them to share with you the routine that helped them conquer what you are currently lacking in. Write what they share with you.
You’ll be amazed at what you will learn and the small task you can incorporate into your own routine to break that bad habit once and for all!!
Hey friend! Did you enjoy the revelation you’ve read? If so, share your comments below. What was your greatest takeaway? I can’t wait to hear from you!