Are you tired of waiting? Do you feel like you are walking alone? Does it seem like all of your friends are moving forward in life? However, you are stuck on the sidelines cheering them on?
While you carry a smile on the outside, your heart may carry jealousy on the inside. You wish it were you moving forward instead of your friend. At this point, you’re probably crying out to God asking, “Why Me?! When will my blessing come? I’ve been serving you awhile now. What gives?”
My friends, it’s okay. Your flesh can get the best of you but remember it has NO control over you unless you allow it to. As you continue to carry out the plan God has assigned for you, I encourage you to read the book of Matthew. The book of Matthew is not only the first Gospel in the New Testament of the Bible, but it provides you with the first look of Jesus’s reactions to various trials and tribulations He faced while on Earth. To give you a headstart, check out the seven scriptures below that will help you remain firm while you walk your journey with God.
7 Things to Remember While Walking with God
- Do Good to please God, not man.- Matthew 6:1-3If you are given the assignment to do something (i.e. give to the homeless, inform others of Christ, sow a seed to your church) don’t do it to be noticed or recognized by others, but do it for God has told you to do so.
- The Model Prayer: Say what you mean and don’t do it for recognition.- Matthew 5:15God wants things done decently and in order. While in prayer you should not inform all that you have prayed for, for God already knows and will give you what you desire. This is why “Our Father’s Prayer” is important. It is not only a prayer but a mission statement that we should live by on a day-to-day basis.
- Fasting: Do so in the WILL of GOD.- Matthew 6:16Fasting breaks chains. It connects you closer to Christ and it makes your request known to God so He can grant your prayer at an appointed time. When you fast you should not showcase that they are in pain, but present yourself as normal for God will bless you openly.
- Focus on heavenly gifts, not earthly ones.- Matthew 6:19-21Your focus should not be on gaining things of this world (i.e. money, glory, fame), but gaining gifts of God. Those things will last even while in heaven, but the fine things on Earth will pass away.
- Place your eyes on good and holy, not pleasure and deceit.- Matthew 6:22-23For one’s eyes is the light of the body. If one focuses their eyes on good things/positive images, they will be light to others and those people will see it. However, if one focuses their eyes on the pleasure they will showcase darkness and be looked upon as deceitful.
- Would You Rather: Go to heaven or receive all the money in the world?- Matthew 6:24At the end of the day, there are only two places people will be able to reside once this life is over— heaven or hell. Depending on where one’s soul lives, money won’t be in the picture. You can’t serve God and the devil. Choose which one you will serve and deal with the consequences.
- The BIG Key: DO NOT WORRY- Matthew 6:25-34God helped Moses deliver people from Egypt. He helped Noah, his family, and numerous animals. He even made sure Joseph’s vision came to pass by rescuing his family from famine. So, why do you think He won’t do the same for you? You limit your faith when you worry and question God. Set your mind at a positive state and BELIEVE that God will dol WHATEVER you claim Him to do and HE WILL!