To answer God’s call or not to answer God’s call? That is the real question.
Have you started and stopped the assignment God has given you out of fear or uncertainty?
I’ve been there and I want to help you get out of that rut!
In this post, I’ll share with you five things you can do before fully stepping into God’s call.
1. Love yourself for you, not for people’s approval. At the end of the day, the only body you can sleep in is your own, Not your best friend, close friend, or frenemy– just you. So, instead of disliking yourself, begin to embrace yourself and love you for who God has called you to be, not man. Don’t compare yourself to others. God’s got you right where He wants you.
2. Be grateful for what you have and know God will bless you with more. If you’re anything like me you love blueprints. You enjoy reading maps and receiving precise information. You prefer people to give you the facts with no fluff. However, during this journey, we must remember as modern disciples of God, our steps are not always mapped out. We don’t always see what God has in store for us from the beginning. But, by faith, we can believe what it has for us is good. This is why it is important for us to be grateful for the tools we currently have and believe He will bless us with more. For He encourages us not to despise humble beginnings because He enjoys the small works we put forth.
3. Don’t stop because you don’t see results. Push harder! As a blogger for five years, I’ve had my fair share of questions for God and severe moments of doubt. At one point in my life, I doubted my work. I felt it was not good enough and people wouldn’t read it. I’d instantly become jealous of every blogger I’d scroll across on social media because their life looked so perfect. One night, after experiencing a random meltdown of worry, I attended an entrepreneurial workshop. While there, I shared with the host my problem and she informed me I shouldn’t stop what I’d been called to do just because I had not seen any results. Talk about a wake-up call and a divine reminder! I will admit though this point, can be hard to live out, nevertheless, it has taught me how to conquer my fears which leads me to my next point.
4. Cherish every moment of your life. In July 2019, I was given the opportunity to travel to Cancun, Mexico to spend time with my extended family and bring in my birthday. In fact, on my birthday, I took a huge risk and did something I NEVER thought I would do. I went snorkeling! Coming from a woman who doesn’t swim, that entire experience is a story in itself, but to keep it short, during that time I was reminded to cherish every moment of my life, be adventurous and have fun. God allowed me to step out of my comfort zone, fight my fears and conquer them and I encourage you to do the same. When things are not turning out the way you want look at the bigger picture. You’re breathing, you know God and He has a DIVINE plan for you!
5. Turn your trials into triumphs. Sis, It’s impossible to avoid trials. I wish we could, but we cannot. Instead of complaining about them I highly suggest you make peace with them. In John 16:33, Jesus tells us we will have MANY tribulations but be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. So in short rejoice! It’s normal to feel sad or negative about a situation, but don’t stay there, instead, praise God and thank Him for what He has done and what He’s going to do. because that situation WILL pass!
Hey sis, did you enjoy what you read? Share with me your greatest takeaway in the comments below! I can’t wait to read it!